1 1/2 tablespoons corn oil or canola oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera seeds)
1 fresh green chili, washed and cut into very small pieces
3 garlic cloves, washed and cut into very small pieces (optional)
10 pieces of green eggplant, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
3/4 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhana powder)
1/4 cup coriander leaves, washed and cut into very small pieces
salt to taste
- Pour the oil into a non-stick pan and let it get hot over medium heat.
- Fry the cumin seeds for a few seconds and then mix in the green chili and garlic. Cook for 4 seconds.
- Add in the eggplant with a pinch of turmeric and a pinch of red chili powder (both separate from amounts in recipe).
- Put in some salt and 1/2 cup of water and cover the pan. Change the heat to low and let it cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When it is almost cooked, mix in 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 3/4 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, and about half of the fresh coriander leaves.
- Let it cook for 3 more minutes or until they become tender and soft.
- Garnish the top with the rest of the coriander leaves.
Note: Allergy Friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Nut Free.