- 1 Cup Small White Beans (Goya Brand)
- 1 Cup Water (Plus More for Pressure Cooker)
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Optional)
- 1/2 Inch of Fresh Ginger (Optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ajwain Seeds
- 1 Inch Piece of Green Chilli Pepper
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Corn Oil (Canola Oil)
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- 1/8 Cup Coriander Leaves (Optional)
- Salt to Taste
- Wash the beans and shock them overnight, then wash them again with clean water.
- Put some water, a little bit of salt, and the beans into a pressure cooker pot. Cover the pressure cooker and put on stove over medium-high heat. Cook for 3 whistles.
- After 3 whistles, turn off the stove and let the beans cool for 15 minutes before opening the pot. After 15 minutes, open it, take all the water out, and wash the beans again with cold water.
These are the shocked beans:
These are the cooked beans:
- Put the beans in a blender with 1 cup of water. Add the lemon juice, garlic, ginger, ajwain seeds, the pieces of green chili, and some salt. Blend until it makes a smooth, thick, pesto-like sauce. If you need more water, add a little at a time. You can also adjust the amount of salt and lemon juice to your taste.
Add the oil on top with a few red pepper flakes or just some coriander leaves. This will stay in a fridge for 3-4 days.
Note: Allergy Friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Nut Free.