For the filling:
3 gala apples (but any apple is good)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ragi flour (any gluten free flour is ok)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the crumble
1/2 cup ragi flour (any gluten free is ok)
1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (or you can use maple syrup)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup non-dairy butter, cold (you can use organic shortening or oil)
To make the filling:
- Wash the apples and peel the skin. Cut them into one-inch pieces and put into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the sugar, flour, ground cinnamon, and lemon juice. Mix well and set to the side.
To make the crumble:
- Put both flours, sugar (or maple syrup), baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the non-dairy butter and mix with your hands until it resembles course crumbs.
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C)
- Take a 10 by 10 pan and line with parchment paper. Put the apple mixture into the pan and flatten out. Cover the apples with the crumble mix, making sure that it is covering all the apples. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 minutes.
This is what it looks like when it is ready to eat. Eating it with non-dairy vanilla ice cream tastes very good.
Note: Allergy Friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Nut Free