- 3 medium-sized Kirby cucumbers, washed and shredded
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy butter (you can use corn oil or canola oil instead)
- 3 cups non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup jaggery sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 6 strands of saffron (shocked in 1 tablespoon milk and set to side)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- pumpkin seeds, to garnish
- Squeeze all the water out of the shredded cucumber. Put a pan on a stove over medium-low heat and melt the butter. Then roast the cucumber until the butter starts separating, stirring constantly.
- Add in the milk and let it boil. Put in the jaggery sugar and stir until it gets thick (make sure the mixture doesn’t stick to the pan). This will take 15-20 minutes.
- Mix in the cardamom powder, saffron strands, and lemon juice. Stir continuously until it doesn’t stick to your hands. Garnish the halwa with pumpkin seeds and then cool it in the fridge before serving.
Note: Allergy Friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Nut Free.