INGREDIENTS (2 servings)
2 cups of cauliflower (or half of a medium head of cauliflower)
2 tablespoons oil (corn 🌽 or canola)
2 teaspoons red chili 🌶 powder, or Kashmiri red chili powder, which is less spicy but gives good color
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 cup coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
1 teaspoon whole cumin
10 pieces fenugreek seeds
7 curry leaves
1 teaspoon ajwain seeds
1/2 cup sprouted black chickpeas (click on link to see this recipe)
2 medium tomatoes 🍅 , washed and finely chopped
salt to taste
2 green chilis 🌶
1 cup of water
1. Put a saucepan on medium low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and let it get hot. Add the fenugreek seeds and fry them for 15 seconds.
2. Add curry leaves and let them fry for 15 seconds.
3. Add cauliflower, salt and 2 tablespoons of water and cover the pan/ Let it cook for five minutes, stirring in between so the cauliflower doesn’t stick to the pan. Turn off the stove and keep it aside in a separate bowl.
4. Take the same pan and put it on medium low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and let it get hot. Add the ajwain seeds, a pinch of the red chili powder and a pinch of the turmeric. Let it cook for 10 seconds.
5. Add the tomatoes 🍅 and let it cook until it becomes soft like gravy.
6. Add the green chili and let it cook 30 seconds.
7. Add chickpeas, salt and water. Cover the pan and let it cook 5-7 minutes, stirring in between.
8. Add the remaining red chili powder and turmeric as well as the whole cumin and cumin powder. Mix well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add in the cauliflower mixture plus half the coriander leaves and mix. Let is cook for 1 minute. It will look like this.
10. Garnish with the remaining coriander. Serve hot with rice 🍚 or gluten-free roti or naan.
Note: Allergy friendly, Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free and Nut-free.