- 1/2 Cup Black Eyed Peas – Washed and Soaked Overnight
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Oil (Canola Oil)
- 5 Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1 Green Chili Pepper – Washed and Cut Into Pieces
- 1/2 Teaspoon Whole Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ajwain Seeds
- 3 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 Crushed Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves – Washed and Cut Into Small Pieces
- Salt to Taste
- Take all the water out of the peas and then wash them well. Put 3 cups of water and salt to taste into a pressure cooker. Put the black eyed peas into the cooker as well and then cook on medium-high heat. Let it cook for 5-6 whistles, then turn off the stove, and cool for 30 minutes without opening the pressure cooker.
- Open the cooker and take the peas out. Wash them with clean water.
- Pour the oil into a pan and let it get hot over medium-low heat. Fry the fenugreek seeds, green pepper, whole cumin seeds, and curry leaves for a few seconds, then add the black eyed peas. Mix in the red chili powder, ground turmeric, some salt, crushed cumin, and coriander leaves. Cover the pan and turn the stove off. Serve hot.
This is the finished product:
Note: Allergy Friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Nut Free.