INGREDIENTS (2 to 4 people)
1 Cup moong sprouts
salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil: corn 🌽, canola, or olive
1 teaspoon cumin
1 beet, chopped into small squares
1/2 cup yellow pepper, chopped into small squares
1/2 cup orange pepper, chopped into small squares
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon 🍋
2 cucumbers, chopped into small squares
2 carrots, shredded
Optional: pomegranate, cilantro quinoa for topping
- Add sprouts to 1/2 cup boiling water, add salt to taste. Mix and lower heat to medium. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and strain out water. Set aside.
- Add oil to a pan on medium heat. Add cumin, fry for 5 seconds. Add chopped beet, peppers and lemon juice. Stir.
- Add cucumber, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in moong sprouts, mixing well. Remove from heat.
Garnish with topping of choice: pomegranate, quinoa, cilantro etc.