- 1.5 Cup Tuver Dal (Split Pigeon Peas)
- 5 Pods of Elaichi (Cardamom) – Opened and Crushed Nicely
- 1/8 Cup Soy Milk
- 10 Strands of Kesar (Saffron)
- 1 Cup Jaggery Sugar
- 3 Cups Water
- Any Fruit or Berry for garnish (optional)
- Chocolate Syrup for garnish (optional)
- Wash the dal 3 times and then put into a pressure cooker pot. Add 3 cups of water into the pressure cooker itself and then put the pot into the cooker. Close the lid and cook for 5 whistles over medium-high heat. After 5 whistles, turn stove off and let cool.
- Warm the soy milk and put the saffron in. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Open the cooker and make sure the dal is completely cold. Take out the pot and strain the dal to get rid of all the water.
- Put the dal into a microwave-safe bowl and mix the jaggery sugar in. Microwave for 5 minutes. Take it out (it will have liquid in it) and mix well. Then microwave for another 5 minute and mix well when it comes out. Add in the crushed cardamom and saffron and microwave for another 5 minutes to thicken.
- When it doesn’t stick to your fingers, then it is ready. Garnish with some fruit and chocolate.
Note: Allergy Friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Nut Free.