- 7 tablespoons corn oil / canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds (carom seeds)
- 1 fresh green chili (washed and cut into small pieces)
- 5 curry leaves
- 1/2 cup onion (cut into very small pieces)
- 1 cup moong sprouts or chickpea sprouts (crushed)
- 1 medium-sized potato (washed and cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large beetroots (washed and shredded)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh fenugreek leaves (washed and cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup coriander leaves (washed and cut into small pieces)
- salt to taste
- Pour 4 tablespoons of oil onto a pan and let to get hot over medium-low heat. Fry the cumin seeds, ajwain seeds, green chili, and curry leaves for 3-5 seconds. Add in the onion and cook until the color changes. Mix in the crushed sprouts, potatoes, some salt, and 1/2 cup of water. Cover the pan and cook until the mixture becomes soft and easy to mash
- Mix in the shredded beets and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they become a little soft. Add in the red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, lemon juice, fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves, and salt to taste. Mix well and let the mixture cool.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-low heat. Divide the mixture into round balls (the size of a medium potato), and then flatten them into disks that are 1/2 an inch thick. Cook them in the pan until both sides are golden brown. Serve hot.
Note: Allergy Friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Nut Free.