1 medium size zucchini, washed and shredded
1/4 block of tofu (about two and half ounces ), shredded
3/4 cup chick peas flour ( also called Besan flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 fresh lemon/or lime
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin seed
2 green chili wash and cut ( optional, only if you like spicy then )
salt to taste
- Combine zucchini, tofu, flour, baking powder, oil, turmeric, cumin seeds and salt
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon into mixture. If you are using green chili, add it in now. Mix everything really well. It will be a sticky dough.
- Cover dough and put it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Put water in your steamer and put it on stove at medium heat.
- As water is steaming, rub oil on your palms and roll the dough penny size balls.
- Grease your steamer dish with oil and arrange the balls in the steamer. Cover the lid and let steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
In this picture ball are ready to steam.
- Let them cool 10 minute ,then you can take from dish and eat .
In this picture they are steam and ready.
Here we go our zucchini vegan balls are ready.
Note: You can use with spaghetti or any pasta, or you can just eat with ketchup or hummus for a snack.You can put in an air tight container and keep in refrigerator for two or three days or the freezer for two weeks .
They are vegan, allergy friendly, gluten free, dairy free, nut free.