2 Cups fresh cut pineapple 🍍
3/4 Cup jaggery (gur), cut in small pieces
1/2 tablespoon of organic shortening
- Crush the pineapple into small chunky pieces in the food processor. Keep aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan on stove (medium heat) and melt the shortening. Once melted, add the jaggery and let it melt about half way.
- Add in the pineapple and let it cook on medium low heat, constantly stirring with a spoon.
- Cook for ten minutes and it will thicken and turn dark orange in color. Once it has a jam consistency, remove from stove and let it cool.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to ten days.
This is ready to eat with gluten free bread or crackers. It is absolutely delicious and lasted two days in our house.
Note: Allergy Friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Nut Free.