INGREDIENTS : (note this dish can only be made in the summer or when the weather is warm and sunny)
2 ripe and firm fresh mangoes (not overripe)
1 tablespoon oil, corn or canola
3 or 4 flat metal dishes (approximately 12 inches in diameter)
1 mesh strainer or sieve lar
- Wash mangoes very well in hot water.
- Take each mango and using your hands, press firmly to soften the mango but do not break the skin. Some pulp may leak from the top of the mango but that is fine.
- Put the strainer over a large bowl. Squeeze the pulp and mango seed out of the top of the mango and strain all of the pulp from the mango, seed and skin through the mesh.
- See this video: veganrasoi.com/…/B1D87E29-9BD3-4349-A3E8-E0AD60C693E9.mov
- Strain all of the pulp again to ensure that the fibers are removed.
- Spread a thin layer of oil over the flat surface of the metal dishes. Take one dish and using a ladle, add 3 1/2 large scoops of mango pulp onto the oiled side of the plate. Hold the dish in your hands and rotate the dish so that the pulp spreads evenly around the dish and keep doing until it is a thin even layer. Repeat in each dish and it will look like this.
- Cover each dish with a mosquito net or cover and set the dish outside in the sun. It will dry in one day and this is how it look when ready 🌞.
- Once dry, cut into 3-4 parts and use a knife to lift the edges and roll slowly, using the knife to help lift the rollup. They will look like this and can be refrigerated for 4-6 weeks.
NOTE: ALLERGY FRIENDLY, GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN, DAIRY FREE, NUT FREE.