2 cups Jowar (Sorghum) flour
1/2 cup methi (fenugreek) fresh leaves, washed and finely chopped
1 tablespoon coriander seeds (dhania)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon crushed whole cumin
salt to taste
1/4 cup oil, corn 🌽 or canola
1 cup warm water 💦
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl, except the oil and water. It will look like this.
2. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time to make the dough. Knead well until it becomes nice and soft, adding more water if necessary. It will look like this picture. Cover with a clean cloth and keep aside for 1/2 or 1 hour.
3. Take the dough and make quarter sized pieces. It will look like this.
4. Roll each piece into balls, then flatten slightly and press in the middle with your finger. It will look like this.
5. Heat the oil on medium heat and fry each the pieces for 40 seconds to 1 minute and then rotate. Fry until golden brown on each side. It looks liek this, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Note: ALLERGY FRIENDLY, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan and Nut Free.