INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
1 1/2 cup of blueberries, washed and crushed just little bit
1 cup of small date pieces, washed
1 tablespoon ragi flour (any gluten free flour works)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING:
1/2 cup ragi flour (or any gluten free flour)
1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 cup non dairy butter or organic shortening, cold
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, for garnish
METHOD FOR FILLING:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Put the blueberries and dates into a medium-sized bowl. Add the flour, ground cinnamon, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Mix well and set to side.
METHOD FOR CRUMBLE:
- Mix both flours, brown sugar (or maple syrup), baking powder, ground cinnamon, and the salt in a large bowl. Add the cold non-dairy butter or shortening and mix in by hand. The mixture should resemble course crumbs or sand when it’s all mixed.
- Line a 10 by 10 pan with parchment paper. Evenly spread the blueberry date mixture on the pan. Then cover with the crumble mix by hand so it is even and garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake the crumble for about 35 minutes. Let cool and serve plain or with non-dairy ice cream.
Note: Allergy Friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free, Diary Free, and Nut Free.