1 Cup fresh pineapple
2 Tablespoons Crisco shortening
1 Cup jaggery cut in small pieces or shredded
1 Cup soy milk powder (NOW Realfood Brand)
1/2 Cup Indian sweet potatoes 🍠, baked and mashed (not yams)
2 Teaspoons pumpkin 🎃 seeds, roasted and ground to a powder
1. Blend the pineapple and keep aside. You do not need to add water.
2. Melt the crisco shortening in a saucepan on medium low heat.
3. Add the jaggery and cook for 20 seconds (it will start melting).
4. Add sweet potatoes and keep stirring for 4 to 5 minutes ( it will thicken )
5. Add blended pineapple and keep stirring for 3 minutes.
6. Add soy milk powder and keep stirring for approximately 2 minutes until everything mixes and does not stick to the pan or your fingers. It will look like this.
7. Take a small baking pan or a dish with rounded edges (just like an Indian thali) and spread the mixture evenly in the dish, approximately 1 inch thick.
8. Add crushed pumpkin seeds on as garnish.
9. Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Cut into diamond shaped pieces. It will look like this.
Ready to eat any time you want a snack or dessert 🍨. It tastes delicious with a glass of soy milk 🥛.
Note: Allergy friendly, Vegan, Gluten free and Nut free.